Sunday, August 15, 2010

SCRC Ride

Although the majority of my miles are solo or with a few friends, I also ride with the Rolling Hills Chapter 314 of the Southern Cruisers Riding Club. Good people, riding for a good cause, every dice run, raffle, 50/50 pot all goes to St. Judes Childrens Hospital. There are several chapters throughout Kansas and today was our multi-chapter ride. My wife and I took off at 7:30 this morning heading to Junction City to meet up with our 1st officer, Mouse and our 2nd officer, Maria. Once there we headed through Manhattan taking highway 24 to our meeting point at Spangles in Topeka. Almost through Manhattan, things went a little wrong. I pulled up to a stoplight and went to put my foot down and there was something solid in the way, what the hell? I look down and there's the heat shield from the pipe on my rear jug just kinda hanging there.
This aint good!
Once we got to a spot where we could pull over, I found that the rear support bracket had broke in half.

Well this sucks!
I was able to twist it back to where it was supposed to be and hold it in place with my foot while we headed for the nearest Wally World, at least it was only a couple blocks away.
A couple hose clamps and we're back on the road!
We took Hwy 24 into Topeka to the meeting point.

Pretty good turn out!


After the meet-n-greet and some bs'n with old friends, we hit the road. We took Hwy 4 outside of Topeka through Eskridge and by Lake Waubunsee. If your ever in the area Hwy 4 is a great road with some really nice sweepers and the closest we'll get to twisties in Kansas, lol!













Another cool road we hit was Mill Creek Road through Alta Vista, some of the last few pics were from there. Once into Council Grove it was timefor us to split off and head for home. Taking 56 over to Herington the skies started clouding up.


We got lucky and skirted most of the rain, just caught a little bit of it. After the 100 degree days we've been having we couldn't have asked for better weather today, I don't think it got above 85. Another great day of riding, rolled up just over 300 miles, can't complain about that!

No comments:

Post a Comment