Friday, July 16, 2010

Motorcycle Supply

Todays ride was a scorcher! With the temp right at 100 my wife and I hit the road for a short run to Manhattan Ks. This time around instead of scenery I thought I'd give props to the guys behind the scenes, the folks that run indy shops. These guys are the heart and soul of keeping us supplied with everything from gear to bikes. IMHO, most major dealerships are out for one thing, money. Most of them don't know squat about bikes, but will try and tell you what they think you want to hear to make a buck. Indy shops however are mostly run by average folks with a passion for two wheels, know bikes better than most, and are willing to tell you what you need to hear so you can make an informed purchase.

There's quite a few indy shops around here, but the one in particular that I chose to start with is Motorcycle Supply in Manhattan Ks. These guys are predominantly a sportbike shop, but they'll service damn near anything and they keep one of the largest showrooms stocked with gear, Scorpion, Icon, First Gear, you name it, they probably got it. In fact, alot of the gear my wife and I have was bought from them, they're prices are very competitive with online pricing. The part I like is that they have so much in stock, it's rare something has to be ordered, plus you can fit something before buying, try doing that online! Some may ask, "But you're a cruiser guy, why go to a sportbike shop?" Lots of reasons, gear, service, but the big one, honesty. In '08 when I got back into riding Motorcycle Supply was the first indy shop I went to. At that time I was riding a Kawasaki Vulcan 900, I went and asked the proprieter a couple questions about the Vulcan. His response was, "I hope you don't mind me being blunt, but I'm not a cruiser guy, I'm not into them so I'm not going to be able to help you much." Now some folks may be put off by a response like that, me on the other hand, I was impressed. Most folks will do anything for a sale, not these guys, they would rather be honest and up front. I have a tremendous amount of respect for that. If I'm in the market for service items, gear, or just want to dream over some killer bikes I make it point to stop by and hang out with the guys at Motorcycle Supply. You can always count on honesty from a crew that eats, breathes, and live 2 wheels. Not too mention they are dedicated to serving riders, no other shop around is open 7 days a week. If you're ever in the area make it a point to stop by their shop, you won't regret it and you'll be helping one of the most important things to those on 2 wheels, the indy shop.



http://www.mcsupplyonline.com/index.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment